In 1957 Carlo Scarpa (1906 – 1978), the Venetian architecht, was comissioned by Adriano Olivetti to design the Negozio Olivetti, (Olivetti store). Placed on Piazza San Marco in central Venice the space was to be a visual business card of the Olivetti company. The exhibition spaced was inaugurated 1958 and fullfilled the wishes from Adriano Olivetti.
The beautiful space has characteristic details signed Carlo Scarpa. The combination of hard and soft materials makes the space tactile and sublime. Almost 60 years after the opening the place still inspires designers and other visitors.