Danish architect Arne Jacobsen (1902 – 1971) completed his first own private house 1929, in 1931 an office building, a garage and a green house were added. It was used as a display window of Arne Jacobsen’s work when future clients visited. Inspired by international architecture and architects as Asplund and Le Corbusier, Jacobsen added some of his favourite details. References to the English garden and maritime life appear in the exterior as well as the interior of the house. The house is a national landmark and owned by Realdania.